K9 CARES LTD
COVID_19 PROTOCOLS FOR DAYCARE AND DOG GROOMING
We thought you would like to know the steps K9 Cares Ltd is taking to ensure the safety of yourselves, our staff and of course the dogs, in relation to the current Covid_19 pandemic.
K9 Cares has thoroughly risk assessed all its processes in light of recent guidance issued from our licensing bodies, CGSG (DEFRA) and the Government, to ensure we comply with all elements of the advice.
Inevitably there are going to be several changes to normal procedures that you should all be aware of when booking your dog in for daycare and/or a groom. These include practices we are introducing, but also the need for cooperation from yourselves.
PLEASE BE AWARE THESE PROTOCOLS ARE ALL SUBJECT TO CHANGE IF INFECTION RATES LOCALLY AND NATIONALLY CHANGE AND WE ARE INSTRUCTED TO CLOSE ONCE AGAIN BY THE GOVERNMENT OR NEW GUIDANCE IS RELEASED.
YOUR HEALTH & SAFETY
1. If you or any member of your family with whom you have been in close contact with develops Covid_19 symptoms, please do NOT bring your dog into daycare or grooming. Your appointment will need to be cancelled for 10 days to protect our staff and other customers.
2. Wearing a facemask is your personal choice.
3. Social distances measures are in place both outside and inside our premises. Please ensure you observe these measures. Keep 2M or 6ft between any other person at all times.
4. When dropping off or collecting your dog, please ensure you park responsibly by not blocking access around K9 Cares Ltd or the trading estate in general.
5. The new processes indicated below, may result in our dog handover, payments and general interactions taking longer than normal. Please be patient. All our staff will endeavour to keep our handover protocols as efficient as possible.
6. Communications will be kept to a minimum and we encourage all our customers to speak to us via Text, Email, Online Portal, or Facebook Messenger to reduce the number of face to face interactions that take place and to keep the flow of drop off and pick up moving.
7. The preference for all payments for daycare or grooming is via the online portal, PayPal or contactless card machine. We no longer accept cheques.
8. Only bring your dog with a quick release collar and lead,no harnesses or buckle collars to increase handover times.
9.If you are bringing food in for your dog during its day in daycare, please only bring in a clearly named sealed, disposable bag. We will be disposing of these bags after use.
DOG HANDOVER PROCESS
1. For Dog safety, as always, please ensure your dog/s are on a lead at all times.
2. On arrival at K9 Cares Ltd, you will notice there are now 2 doors to Reception. Please enter the building via the left hand door marked ‘ENTRANCE’, this will be left open during business hours. The right hand door (old Reception entrance) is to Exit the building only and will be kept shut.
3. We are operating a"One in, One out"system. Therefore if you arrive and notice there is already another customer waiting in Reception, then please wait outside until you are called in, or you see the other person leave the premises.
4. On entry into the building, social distancing measures are in place. Please wait at the yellow sign until you are called forward by a member of staff.
5. Please use the hand sanitiser provided on entry and exit. Our sanitiser is a 70% alcohol rub.
6. After sanitising your hands and when called forward, you will be asked to enter the daycare enclosure. There is a latch on the gate to gain access, once in the enclosure, you may then take off your dogs collar and lead to take with you on exit.
7. Leave your dog in the enclosure as directed by a member of staff, you may then exit the building via the ‘Exit’ door.
8. If you have someone else picking up your dog, you may leave your dogs collar and lead with a member of the team. We will be disinfecting any collars and leads left with us each day.
9.On collection of your dog, the same process applies, except you will be called in the enclosure area to place the lead and collar on your dog securely.
10.There is hand sanitiser available on your exit from the building.
11.The exterior 'Entrance' door to K9 Cares Ltd will always be open, to improve the flow, so its is vital that your dog is secured with a collar and lead at all times for safety purposes.
12. For Dog Grooming, the same processes apply. You will be told a time to return to pick up your dog and please ensure all pick ups are on time, as we can only have one dog in the grooming salon at any one time,. therefore, it is likely there will be another dog waiting to go in.
Obviously do contact us if you have any further questions.
Helen & Matt Robson
K9 cares Ltd