K9 CARES LTD
COVID_19 PROTOCOLS FOR DAYCARE AND DOG GROOMING
We thought you would like to know the steps K9 Cares Ltd is taking to ensure the safety of yourselves, our staff and of course the dogs, in relation to the current Covid_19 pandemic.
K9 Cares has thoroughly risk assessed all its processes in light of recent guidance issued from our licensing bodies, CGSG (DEFRA) and the Government, to ensure we comply with all elements of the advice.
Inevitably there are going to be several changes to normal procedures that you should all be aware of when booking your dog in for daycare and/or a groom. These include practices we are introducing, but also the need for cooperation from yourselves.
PLEASE BE AWARE THESE PROTOCOLS ARE ALL SUBJECT TO CHANGE IF INFECTION RATES LOCALLY AND NATIONALLY CHANGE AND WE ARE INSTRUCTED TO CLOSE ONCE AGAIN BY THE GOVERNMENT OR NEW GUIDANCE IS RELEASED.
YOUR HEALTH & SAFETY
1. If you or any member of your family with whom you have been in close contact with develops Covid_19 symptoms, please do NOT bring your dog into daycare or grooming. Your appointment will need to be cancelled for 14 days to protect our staff and other customers.
2. If your dog has attended daycare or dog grooming and you or a member of your immediate family develop Covid_19 symptoms following your visit, please inform K9 Cares immediately. We will have to carry out our own contact tracing for safety.
3. If you cough or sneeze whilst in our premises, please ensure you cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, arm, or indeed wear a facemask. We appreciate that hayfever is around for a lot of people this time of year, but ask everyone to take the necessary precautions.
4. Social distances measures are in place both outside and inside our premises. Please ensure you observe these measures. Keep 2M or 6ft between any other person at all times.
5. When dropping off or collecting your dog, please ensure you park responsibly by not blocking access around K9 Cares Ltd or the trading estate in general.
6. The new processes indicated below, may result in our dog handover, payments and general interactions taking longer than normal. Please be patient. All our staff will endeavour to keep our handover protocols as efficient as possible.
7. Communications will be kept to a minimum and we encourage all our customers to speak to us via Text, Email, Online Portal, or Facebook Messenger to reduce the number of face to face interactions that take place and to keep the flow of drop off and pick up moving.
8. The preference for all payments for daycare or grooming is via the online portal, PayPal or contactless card machine. We will not be accepting cash or Cheques.
9. Only bring your dog with a quick release collar and lead,no harnesses or buckle collars to increase handover times.
10.If you are bringing food in for your dog during its day in daycare, please only bring in a sealed, disposable bag. We will be disposing of these bags after use.
DOG HANDOVER PROCESS
1. For Dog safety, as always, please ensure your dog/s are on a lead at all times.
2. On arrival at K9 Cares Ltd, you will notice there are now 2 doors to Reception. Please enter the building via the left hand door marked ‘ENTRANCE’, this will be left open during business hours. The right hand door (old Reception entrance) is to Exit the building only and will be kept shut.
3. We are operating a"One in, One out"system. Therefore if you arrive and notice there is already another customer waiting in Reception, then please wait outside until you are called in, or you see the other person leave the premises.
4. On entry into the building, social distancing measures are in place. Please wait at the ‘Bus Stop’ until you are called forward by a member of staff.
5. Whilst at the ‘BusStop’,please use the hand sanitiser available. Our sanitiser is a 70% alcohol rub.
6. After sanitising your hands and when called forward, you will be asked to enter the daycare room and the first enclosure, ensuring the gate is shut behind you, you may then take off your dogs collar and lead and take it with you.
7. Leave your dog in the enclosure as directed by a member of staff, close the gate and you may then exit the building via the ‘Exit’ door.
8. A member of staff will then proceed to wipe your dog over on arrival with a pet safe cloth, before they are guided into the daycare room.
9. If you have someone else picking up your dog,you may leave your dogs collar and lead on the allocated number. We will be disinfecting any collars and leads left with us each day.
10.On collection of your dog, the same process applies, except you will be called in the enclosure area to place the lead and collar on your dog securely.
11.There will be hand sanitiser available on your exit from the building.
12.The exterior 'Entrance' door to K9 Cares Ltd will always be open, to improve the flow, so its is vital that your dog is secured with a collar and lead at all times for safety purposes.
13. For Dog Grooming, the same processes apply. You will be told a time to return to pick up your dog and please ensure all pick ups are on time, as we can only have one dog in the grooming salon at any one time,. therefore, it is likely there will be another dog waiting to go in.
14.All K9 Cares staff will be wearing PPE for yours and their protection.
15.All door and gate handles will be disinfected after every use and dogs will be wiped down with a pet safe cloth on entry and exit.
Obviously do contact us if you have any further questions.
Helen & Matt Robson
K9 cares Ltd